Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It's been a long time

Well, the blog has been sacrificed for spending time with the kids, finishing up the school year, going on trips. Sorry blog, but I'd rather spend time with real people. I had no idea how much time and effort would go into a blog. From now on, there will be more pictures and less talk. I just can't maintain this and stay sane. Sorry everyone!

Lunch and Egyptian Museum with great friends.

 One exciting thing that happened this past month was the Giro d'italia went right through our village! We were able to go and watch the bikers ride by, which is pretty exciting considering this is a pretty big race in the bike racing world. I love that my kids are getting such amazing experiences. Most things can't be taught out of a book...




 You can drive this baby without a license at age 16. This one had a "Big America" sticker on it. It was in the parking lot at the supermarket.


We went to watch Joe's coworker do motorcross. We all enjoyed it!

Another day, we went for a hike near the house. This was at the picnic area. The kids did not love being in this tree. :) We were actually in the clouds on our hike. It was so cool!



Hiking in the clouds

We finally, finally were able to see Palazzo Madama. We have tried 3 times prior to this visit. One thing I've learned is to never assume anything will be open. Always, always have a backup plan. These pics were all taken in the beautiful gardens.



 He loves her...don't let that face fool ya!


Playing in the water fountain

I think I'll stop this post here. I have many other pictures and a trip to Venice to write about, but this seems like a good stopping place. Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read your blog, I am amazed at all you are doing, I loved looking at all the pictures, and yes I did zoom in and see the man on the cliff. Red shirt. Picture of grands in tree is priceless, I am sure the kids enjoy being off school for the summer, I know how much they like to go out and play, Your blog are so good and very well written, thank you for taking the time and energy to post, Joyce

    ReplyDelete