Thursday, September 2, 2010

We have our good days and our BAD days.

Today was a BAD day.  Boo was great...she did her work, did it well and went on her merry way.  Big J was another story.  I could tell in the first 2 minutes it was not going to go well.  He was not remembering anything I was saying, he was staring off into space, writing sloppily, not really putting much effort in at all.  After trying, unsucessfully, to get him to read his phonics words, I gave up.  No sense beating a dead horse.  He's been in a funk all day and even his piano teacher commented on it.  Most days it is me who wakes up on the wrong side of the bed...today, it was Big J!

That isn't to say that I haven't had some days lately when I have been in a funk.  Yesterday was my funky day and it is semi-carrying over into today.  Boo commented on my discipline style yesterday, Big J said he'd rather have Daddy home all day and I just started to feel low.  I know they are just kids and I shouldn't let their words affect me so...I know, but my heart directs me otherwise.  I have strived to be in a better mood today and I have accomplished that, to some degree.  Right now the kids are in their "resting time" and Mommy is enjoying a few quiet moments to herself.  They are refreshing!  I think I just need a good, old-fashioned night out.  No kids.  No husband.  Just me and maybe a friend I might allow to come.  Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment