Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 36 of homeschooling...

I can't believe we have made it this far!  The kids have been so good and trying so hard.  Admittedly, we have good days and bad days, but who doesn't? 

We have had many fun activities planned this year.  We have visited the Creation Museum, the Zoo, parks, an apple orchard, etc.  The kids really love getting to visit other places and I love getting out of the house!  Almost every trip we plan is for after we do school that day and usually relates to the topic.  For instance, we went to an apple orchard on Monday after Boo started her unit on apples.  It is really alot of fun to tie real life into school.  I don't remember learning being linked to real life when I was growing up.  If nothing else, my kids will know that what they study has real life applications.

On a side note, KK started preschool today.  Yes, I am homeschooling the other 2 but was not prepared to homeschool them and a preschooler!  She also needs to learn about listening, self-control, following directions, etc.  I can teach her these things but I didn't want to overwhelm myself the first year!  She loves it, so I do too!  Maybe when Little J is ready to start preschool I will be better prepared to teach it...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment