Sunday, January 3, 2016

Packing for an Overseas Move

Buona giornata! Last Monday was packing day at our house. The packers arrived early, which I loved since I'm always early to everything, and asked to be shown around the house. Those guys were like a whirlwind! In a mere 5.5 hours, they had our entire house packed and sealed. There were only 2 of them but they still made short order of our entire house. I love meeting and chatting with new people. Learning about someone's life and ties is always such a blessing to me.

I think I'm the only one in the house not saddened by seeing our stuff packed up and ready to ship out to another destination. For me, my home isn't a location or my stuff. Although I will greatly miss our family here, I'm taking home with me. I know, I know, I will get "homesick" and have points where I wonder what on earth we were thinking...but I'm looking forward to the adventures and moments we will share as a family. This move is only temporary. I want to enjoy it like a tourist while getting fully ingrained in the culture. We shall see how I do!

Tuesday was the packing of the truck day. Yeah, those guys were done in 2 hours, with a long break. They were stalling for the piano craters. Unfortunately for all of us, craters showed up much later and someone else had to come on Wednesday to put the piano and bunk beds on the truck. It was a whirlwind and I'm so grateful we had professionals to help! God always provides.

Blogger and iPad aren't playing nice right now, so no pics for you!

1 comment: